Our history dates back to Nepal’s first struggle for democracy in 1951. The ousted autocratic Rana rulers and their supporters terrorized the general public who formed neighbourhood watch groups to thwart the self-styled Khukuri Dal’s terror tactics. Once political stability was established, this neighbourhood watch called Chhatrapati Shanti SurakchhaSangh estabilished a first aid clinic , with an initial seed money of Nepali Rs10, on February 5, 1957.
In our 60 years of service we have treated more than 3 million patients. We have recently been treating more than 90,000 patients a year. We are probably the most popular community run non-profit charitable hospital in Nepal. We serve the general medical needs of the poorest segment of the population.
CFC was inaugurated by Dr. Indra Bahadur Mali on February 5,1957.
We are registered with the Kathmandu District Administration and the Social Welfare Council of the Government of Nepal.